There’s so much hype and hoopla around Batman vs. Superman, the upcoming sequel to this past summers’ Man of Steel (which had enough criticism and fan-boy rage directed at itself already), largely because of:
1. the implications of such a movie,
2. the difficulties inherent in pulling this off without screwing it up,
3. DC/Warner Bros‘ consistent failure to pull of cinematic adaptations except Christopher Nolans trilogy of The Dark Knight,
4. the pressure to get it right and not feel like a Marvel Studios‘ rip-off and
5. Casting Ben Affleck as Bruce Wayne/Batman.
Personally? I think it’s a good idea to have this as a sequel because it addresses #4 above, sets the ground for the DC universe better as they don’t have a S.H.I.E.L.D like Marvel does per-se and the Justice League and all have always operated outside any and all government influence generally speaking.
Plus, Affleck for all the flack he gets, is a good actor and if given a chance I think could do a better job than most – definitely better than Clooney and Keaton and possibly even Kilmer did in their various turns. And no, I’m not comparing him to Adam West because that version of Batman is… beyond any comparison to anything ever. Period. Love it, hate it, it’s undeniably unique.
BUT! Enough of my jibber-jabber! Here’s the real showdown between the Last Son of Krypton and The Dark Knight – the one every fan like me will get a HUGE kick out of and in some respects be happier with than any star-studded version: